Artist Creates Comics About The Issues That Women Face, Toxic Masculinity, And More (42 Pics) Interview With Artist

Society has lots of issues and that is no secret. Lots of artists create art connected with those issues: to spread awareness and to talk about the things we have to change so the world can become a better place for everyone.

That is exactly what artist Domien Delforge does. This comics artist and illustrator creates art about toxic masculinity, gender stereotypes, women’s issues, and many other things. His art is sometimes dark and twisted, many times having sexual and political themes. However, Domien manages to capture your attention, and not only make you laugh, but also make you think.

More info: Instagram | studiostoutpoep.com | Facebook#1

studio_stoutpoep Report80points  POST

Eva the Egg  4 hours ago

Why are women expected to to this… our bodies, our choice43 replyView More Replies…View more comments

Domien told Bored Panda: “My father always said: a dirty mind is a joy forever. I love that. But in general: it is about the importance of humor and being able to laugh with practically everything. Making jokes is important to bring messages with a more serious tone to a wide public. And laughing with everything is important to fight censorship because censorship these days is a global enemy to a lot of people.”#2

studio_stoutpoep Report73points  POST

Vic  4 hours ago

This!!12 replyView more comments#3

studio_stoutpoep Report70points  POST

Piet Puk  4 hours ago (edited)

This comment is hidden. Click here to view.View more comments

Domien Delforge told us what inspires him to create art: “Almost everything that is happening around me. During the day, I work for a bank, something most people consider to be rather boring. It is a fact that working for a bank means following a lot of rules and regulations. I always think that following these rules during the day frees my mind so I can create them at night. Making illustrations, there are no rules and everything is possible.”#4

studio_stoutpoep Report70points  POST

Eva the Egg  4 hours ago

Why are you talking like that? You sound like a dickhead52 replyView More Replies…View more commentshttps://12a56015636e5b0813f0489222997355.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html#5

studio_stoutpoep Report70points  POST

Haley Brock  3 hours ago

This comment is hidden. Click here to view.View more comments

The artist shares what got him into art: “I was always interested in art, especially pop art. We had a huge Lichtenstein print at home when I was a kid, it always fascinated me. My wife has been making illustrations for a longer time, so we had everything in our home to make them (computer, Wacom tablet, software, …) A few years ago I was bored at home and started playing with it. After a few months, I started an Instagram page to share it and that was about the start of it all.”#6

studio_stoutpoep Report64points  POST

Eva the Egg  4 hours ago

EXACTLY. AND THEN SHE MARRIES HIM?!36 replyView More Replies…View more comments#7

studio_stoutpoep Report61points  POST

Eva the Egg  4 hours ago

Here, take a mirror34 replyView More Replies…View more comments

Domien told Bored Panda why he chose to create the type of illustrations he does: “I like to find the balance between happy and playful colors, sending a message that can be political activism or just dirty-minded. Spreading a message in a playful way makes you able to reach a wider crowd. Also: I’m not the best illustrator ever, so my style also represents the lack of pure illustrative talent.”#8

studio_stoutpoep Report60points  POST

Piper McLean  3 hours ago

Everyone does cry and has the right to27 replyView more comments#9

studio_stoutpoep Report53points  POST

Eva the Egg  4 hours ago

LMAO15 replyView more comments

Domien describes his art as pop-arty, cartoonlike drawings. The artist mentioned that they are best understood by someone with an open and especially dirty mind. Domien described his style of drawing as simple and clear with a lot of influence from pop art, dot work, etc.: “I want my works to be clear in less than 5 seconds, that is what I aim for.”#10

studio_stoutpoep Report48points  POST

Haley Brock  3 hours ago

This comment is hidden. Click here to view.View more comments#11

studio_stoutpoep Report47points  POST

Hans  3 hours ago

Politics in a nutshell.19 replyView More Replies…View more comments

Domien told us how he comes up with the ideas and the themes for these illustrations: “Sometimes out of anger if something comes up in the news, sometimes an image just appears in my head. Happens a lot just before I go to sleep, laying down in my bed. I always send an e-mail to myself at that time so I don’t forget it. Happens a lot that I wake up in the morning and 5 random e-mails with random words show up in my inbox. I then try to re-make the image in my head.”#12

studio_stoutpoep Report47points  POST

kjorn  3 hours ago

omg yeah! nothing is more turn on that someone who have fun while doing it!15 replyView more comments#13

studio_stoutpoep Report47points  POST

Haley Brock  3 hours ago

a kiss is a kiss love is love like df we have bigger problems in this world24 replyView More Replies…View more comments

“My favorite part is when an image I have in my head is created almost identical,” said Damien when asked to describe his favorite thing about creating art. “The hardest part is not being able to make an image as good as it is in my head. I don’t specifically like the drawing part, I like seeing an image being made. That’s why I also like printmaking. I love silkscreen printing: an entire day of making blank pages into art is extremely satisfying.”#14

studio_stoutpoep Report45points  POST

Theo C  2 hours ago

no12 replyView more comments#15

studio_stoutpoep Report44points  POST

Haley Brock  3 hours ago

their all perfect… anybody is perfect14 replyView More Replies…View more comments

The artist also shared what he likes to create comics about: “In general, I like creating content on the verge of what is socially acceptable. Making images that are taboo is fun. Finding the line between what is acceptable and what some people consider to be rude or wrong.”#16

studio_stoutpoep Report42points  POST

Sabienn  3 hours ago

Chemist: the glass is completely full (50% fluid, 50% gas)28 replyView More Replies…View more comments#17

studio_stoutpoep Report41points  POST

Kookamunga  3 hours ago

This comment is hidden. Click here to view.View More Replies…View more comments

The artist tells us a little bit more about himself: “As said before, I work for a bank during the day. When I have some spare time, I like climbing (bouldering specifically), traveling, and enjoying good food and drinks.

I guess I always felt a bit like an outcast. Too normal to be part of the outcasts and too weird to be part of the normal crowd. I guess my current combination of banker/illustrator reflects this. During my teen years, I struggled to find this balance. Growing up and now being able to express a lot of things in my art makes it much easier to cope with this. I’ve now found the balance between being a 32-year-old creative guy and a grumpy old man at the same time and I love it.”#18

studio_stoutpoep Report41points  POST

cybermerlin2000  3 hours ago

Even the ones with ‘POLICE-CRIME SCENE’ around them35 replyView More Replies…View more comments#19

studio_stoutpoep Report40points  POST

Haley Brock  3 hours ago

im bisexual that means i get rejected bye both genders 36 replyView More Replies…View more comments

Domien wanted to share some important information with our readers: “Brush your teeth at least twice a day, they won’t grow back and nobody likes bad breath.”

What do you think of these comics? Do you relate to them? What do you think of the issues and topics the artist touches upon? Tell us in the comments down below and don’t forget to show some love to the artist!#20

studio_stoutpoep Report40points  POST

kjorn  3 hours ago

but… which britneys?11 replyView more comments#21

studio_stoutpoep Report40points  POST

Theo C  2 hours ago

lolreplyView more comments#22

studio_stoutpoep Report39points  POST

Sabienn  3 hours ago

*grabs leafblower*20 replyView More Replies…View more comments#23

studio_stoutpoep Report33points  POST

Eva the Egg  4 hours ago

Things are going to get sweaty16 replyView more comments#24

studio_stoutpoep Report33points  POST

Ksenia M  2 hours ago

did they kidnap the kid? He’s a bit big for a 1-month-old21 replyView More Replies…View more comments#25

studio_stoutpoep Report32points  POST

Fus  3 hours ago

This comment is hidden. Click here to view.View More Replies…View more commentshttps://12a56015636e5b0813f0489222997355.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html#26

studio_stoutpoep Report27points  POST

The circle of digestionreplyView more comments#34

studio_stoutpoep Report19points  POST

Mr_Person  1 hour ago

RIP frog.replyView more comments#35

studio_stoutpoep Report19points  POST

Andrew Gibb  4 hours ago

somehow a testicle has escaped the whitey tighties38 replyView More Replies…View more comments#36

studio_stoutpoep Report18points  POST

Edward Willis  3 hours ago

Can someone explain this “X is female” thing to me? Is it like “black lives matter”, where it’s not exclusively black lives that matter? Because that doesn’t really seem to make sense here.replyView More Replies…View more comments#37

studio_stoutpoep Report16points  POST

girl-replyView more comments#41

studio_stoutpoep Report11points  POST

Eva the Egg  4 hours ago

I wanna live therereplyView more comments#42

studio_stoutpoep Report-15points  POST

Andrew Gibb  4 hours ago

always eat your greensreplyView more comments

Follow Bored Panda on Google News!Share on Facebook   56 FollowHidrėlėyAuthor, Pro member

Fascinated by music, movies and sitcoms, I’m passionate about social media and can’t live without the internet, especially for all the cute dog and cat pictures out there. I wish the day had about 40 hours to be able to do everything I want. Read more »