30 New Comics By A Medical Student Who Once Hesitated To Make Comics, But Now Has Over 100K Followers

At the beginning of 2019, a medical student with dreams of becoming a cardiologist submitted her comics to Bored Panda. “I’ve wanted to draw comics for a while now but never really had the guts to, up until recently,” Amy Revives wrote then.

Fast forward nearly two years, and the project now has nearly 100K followers on Instagram.

Step by step, Amy has not only developed her own visual style, but she has become an efficient storyteller as well. Focusing on quirky characters and their interactions, she constantly comes up with new ways to look at life and everything it has to offer. Whether it’s following recipes in the kitchen or trying to wear a summer dress on a windy day, continue scrolling and check out what Amy has been up to!

More info: Patreon | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube#1

Amy Revives Report114POST

Night Owl6 days ago

The best feeling of the day. So much relief26ReplyView More Replies…View more comments

Through medicine, Amy has learned that while the physical body is very important to one’s well-being, their mental health is vital to a good life as well. The student said that she may not be able to help someone with the physical aspect for now, but she hopes that her comics can help their mental side. “Laughter and smiling flood the body and brain with happy chemicals and overall lift your mood, make you feel more energized and reduce stress. Through my comics, I hope to be able to bring a beautiful wide grin to your face and, at least momentarily, let you forget about your worries.”#2

Amy Revives Report111POST

I’m a makeup addict6 days ago

I’d honestly be feeling like a badass, with those braids.17ReplyView More Replies…View more comments

Amy has always loved doing art in her free time. “I was drawing before I knew how to walk, and probably even talk — though they probably didn’t look like much at the time.”

When she was 12, Amy got her very first drawing tablet. The immediate excitement had her bouncing off the walls with pure pleasure. “I spent countless late nights practicing and getting to know the digital world of art. I explored realism as well as abstract but found that I was most happy making comics about daily life,” she said.#3

Amy Revives Report109POST

von Funnyname6 days ago

the struggle is resolved!22ReplyView more comments#4

Amy Revives Report103POST

Dana6 days ago

Pull the lever Kronk!34ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#5

Amy Revives Report100POST

Popcorn Colonel6 days ago

For those that are confused with her measuring techniques, some measure using a scale as opposed to using cups.24ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#6

Amy Revives Report99POST

Alexavier Reschke6 days ago

haha funny19ReplyView more comments#7

Amy Revives Report95POST

Lillian Jimenez6 days ago

FINALLY!!! SOMEBODY KNOWS WHAT A RED PANDA IS51ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#8

Amy Revives Report92POST

Thats me XD14ReplyView more comments#12

Amy Revives Report80POST

strong squidward6 days ago

I love the Poof!24ReplyView more comments#13

Amy Revives Report78POST

strong squidward6 days ago

The wild tiger hisses at a strange object. This has never been caught on camera.33ReplyView more comments#14

Amy Revives Report76POST

Neva Nevičica5 days ago

Why are her hands black?38ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#15

Amy Revives Report75POST

Night Owl6 days ago

So that’s what they’re calling them now29ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#16

Amy Revives Report74POST

Ryan Michaud6 days ago

Nope thats duct tape42ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#17

Amy Revives Report74POST

Orange Mountain6 days ago

This is really heartwarming love this

19ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#18

Amy Revives Report70POST

Allen John6 days ago

I have realized, like my mom, I cannot enjoy the food I prepared for others more than the food others prepared for me.20ReplyView more comments#19

Amy Revives Report70POST

ivy green6 days ago

i am a type two XD25ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#20

Amy Revives Report67POST

pansexualandproud6 days ago

why are her hands black?33ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#21

Amy Revives Report65POST

strong squidward6 days ago

Her eyes are so big16ReplyView more comments#22

Amy Revives Report64POST

Night Owl6 days ago

RiP11ReplyView more comments#23

Amy Revives Report63POST

Alex T6 days ago

i felt this, after doing eliptical/cycling your legs lose all bones and they are jelly16ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#24

Amy Revives Report63POST

I’m a makeup addict6 days ago

me going to school, me leaving school18ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#25

Amy Revives Report62POST

Alex T6 days ago

I feel personally attacked29ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#26

Amy Revives Report59POST

A Jones6 days ago

wearing glasses (even non-prescription) seem like a nice shield.11ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#27

Amy Revives Report58POST

Black6 days ago

That’s gonna be me and my sister she only 11 and5’3 I’m only 14 and5’4 3 years apart and she catching right onto me I’m pretty sure I stopped growing.14ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#28

Amy Revives Report57POST

FurryPotatoCat6 days ago(edited)

onions are toxic to cats, so don’t do this irl25ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#29

Amy Revives Report56POST

Blinding_Darkness6 days ago

Omg I have one of them but it’s a fox22ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#30

Amy Revives Report54POST

Flare6 days ago

Cats. The perfect bug exterminators that live with you!11ReplyView More Replies…View more comments

Note: this post originally had 111 images. It’s been shortened to the top 30 images based on user votes.

Follow Bored Panda on Google News!160 Rokas LaurinavičiusAuthor, BoredPanda staff

Rokas is a writer at Bored Panda with a BA in Communication. After working for a sculptor, he fell in love with visual storytelling and enjoys covering everything from TV shows (any Sopranos fans out there?) to photography. Throughout his years in Bored Panda, over 235 million people have read the posts he’s written, which is probably more than he could count to. Read more »