I Have Never Drawn In My Life, But I Am Doing Crappy Pet Portraits To Raise Money For Charity (51 Pics)

Hi there!

I’m basically drawing crappy portraits of people’s pets in return for donations and have so far raised over $1000 in a few weeks for my local Homelessness Charity.

It’s all happened so organically without much thought or effort. A little over two weeks ago, I was making some “thank you” cards with my six-year-old. Whilst he was making his card, I just doodled a couple of pictures of our dog—they were really rubbish, I’m not an artist and have never really drawn in my life.

More info: Facebook | justgiving.com#1

Report34pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

Nagawa (Cofa) Kishiki1 day ago

Omg, how adorable. A gamecube and ps2.5ReplyView more comments

As a joke, I uploaded the two pictures to my Facebook page with a jokey comment about Pet Portraits being for sale for just £299. No VAT. A friend commented asking me to draw her dog, then another, then another, and by the end of the day, I had probably drawn about five portraits and we’d all had a giggle in the process.

Then, after a couple of shares, I started getting requests from people I didn’t know asking for portraits. That’s when I set up the Facebook page Pet Portraits By Hecule and the JustGiving page which is raising money for my local homelessness charity, Turning Tides. I was having fun drawing the pictures, people seemed to enjoy laughing at them, and if we could make a bit of money for a brilliant cause in the process—great!#2

Report31pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

woof2ReplyView more comments#3

Report30pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

Isle_of_stressed_pilots33 minutes ago

awwwwe the lil teeth sticking out <31ReplyView more comments

My initial dream was to try to raise £299 (around $388), which was the price I had initially quoted as the price for my portraits. Less than two weeks later, and we have raised just shy of £1000 (around $1299), the page has nearly 700 likes, and I’ve been invited to display at a gallery! I currently have 70 or so requests for portraits, but the more the merrier!#4

Report27pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

Boop1 day ago

<33ReplyView more comments#5

Report26pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

the tongue5Reply

All the portraits are free! All I’m asking for is a donation to the charity and that can be whatever people can afford to give—I’ve had donations from £2-£50!

The only thing I ask is that unless people are happy to donate without expecting a portrait, they hold off until I have done their pic. Otherwise I’ll end up in a situation where people may donate without actually getting a picture (I’m trying to get them all done, but that’s looking less and less likely the more requests I get!)#6

Report26pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

boots2ReplyView more comments#7

Report26pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST#8

Report26pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

𝕂𝕚𝕥-𝕂𝕒𝕥1 day ago

*invisible cat is staring*6ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#9

Report24pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

Doof1 day ago(edited)

cylinder doggo is geometric but seriously is that dog ok?9ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#10

Report24pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

why the long face?5Reply#11

Report20pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

JOCELYN VITELLO1 day ago

That’s actually reeeeally good6ReplyView more comments#12

Report18pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

EmiCraft Chile19 hours ago

“what is wrong with your eyes bro?”3ReplyView more comments#13

Report18pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

striped face4Reply#14

Report18pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

boop de nose2Reply#15

Report17pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

Andrew Gibb1 day ago

that cat is plotting something3ReplyView More Replies…View more commentshttps://0c2f9792bbe5df3c11ddb14469e6c49c.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html#16

Report16pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

*majestic eye-roll*5ReplyView more comments#24

Report11pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

Andrew Gibb1 day ago

the paw stretches for a cookie3Reply#25

Report11pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

EmiCraft Chile19 hours ago

“play with us…..”1Replyhttps://0c2f9792bbe5df3c11ddb14469e6c49c.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html#26

Report11pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

Andrew Gibb1 day ago

ole blue eyes1Reply#50

Report4pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST#51

Report3pointsHercule Van WolfwinklePOST

Colleen Garland7 hours ago

I love them ALL. Does she do husbands? Asking for a friend.1Reply

Follow Bored Panda on Google News!Share on Facebook68 FollowHercule Van WolfwinkleAuthor, Community member

This lazy panda forgot to write something about itself. Read more »