I Continue Posing With My Cardboard Cutouts At Sunset And Here Is The Result (30 New Pics)

As a writer and a filmmaker, I like to get away from the computer each day and make something with my hands. So I get a big piece of cardboard, draw something, cut it out fast with a knife and scissors, then go pose with it at sunset. I call them Sunset Selfies. Each one comes with a caption that makes them more like single-panel cartoons, and I hope you like them. See you at sunset!

For more of my work, check out my previous post with pandemic humor here and some of my older artwork herehere, and here

More info: Instagram | Facebook#1

Hey! Who took a bite of my apple?” I asked the three Presidents.“I can not tell a lie,” George said. “I did not do it.” “They don’t call me ‘Honest Abe’ for nothing,” Abraham said. “I didn’t do it either.” Then it was Donald’s turn. He swallowed what was in his mouth and simply said, “Obama!”

Report207pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Jasmina Pavlovic1 week ago

Best one … the text is great!!! Made my day!30ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#2

The Glide

The Glide

Some moments are beyond words.

Report197pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Camilla Gonzales1 week ago

D A N G20ReplyView more comments#3

The Hike

The Hike

“Look at us,” I said. “We’re lost in the woods. It’s almost dark. Whose idea was it to take this stupid hike anyway?”

Report161pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Why?1 week ago

When you’re about to give someone a shock of static electricity.18ReplyView more comments#4

The Iron Giant

The Iron Giant

When we really need one, there’s nothing better than a strong friend to lean on. Someone who’ll just stand there and listen. Like a giant robot.

Report159pointsJohn MarshallPOST

ArhomR1 week ago

No argument here.14ReplyView more commentshttps://79a99f1cebb16dff86abbd255fc52b34.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html#5

The Rescue

The Rescue

I didn’t ask how she got the plastic six-pack holder stuck around her neck. I was just happy to help.

Report159pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Monika Soffronow1 week ago

We can all help: tell every company that still uses these plastic packaging death contraptions that you will stay away from their products until they begin using eco-friendly, less harmful (and. let’s face it: totally unnecessary!) packaging materials. Easy-peasy.30ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#6

At a moment when violence and deep hatred is literally burning across our country, I offer this image as a call for peace and a prayer that one day every black boy and girl will be able to grow up in the United States with respect, opportunity and safety.

Report150pointsJohn MarshallPOST

ArhomR1 week ago

Beautiful in every way. Thank you.22ReplyView more comments#7

The Dog House

The Dog House

You know when you imagine someone else’s life is more comfortable than it actually is? Yeah, that’s how I felt up there on that doghouse.

Report148pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Finch1 week ago

Love anything Snoopy. This is great!16ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#8

The Realization

The Realization

I’d never really given it much thought… but tonight, as my brothers chirped on and on about their favorite kind of worm and my sisters pecked mites out of their feathers, the idea occurred to me that perhaps I’d been adopted.

Report147pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Monika Soffronow1 week ago(edited)

Sittin’ in the evenin’ sun / I’ll be sittin’ when the mornin’ comes / Watchin’ the clouds roll in / Then I watch ’em roll away again /// I’m sittin’ on the line in the sky / Watchin’ the clouds, way up high / I’m sittin’ on the line in the sky / Wastin’ time …32ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#9

The Tour

The Tour

When Impala Safari promises “Up Close Nature Tours,” they are not kidding.

Report146pointsJohn MarshallPOST

manon M1 week ago

Ahah best caption 17ReplyView more comments#10

The Helpful Local

The Helpful Local

I almost never ask for directions. But when I finally admitted I was lost to a local down on the beach, he actually offered to give me a ride.

Report144pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Andrew Gibb1 week ago

Jaws is explaining that he sometimes eats people by accident- they look like seals from below.11ReplyView more comments#11

The Abduction

The Abduction

Of all the days to take my cow for a ride, I had to choose this one.

Report137pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Camilla Gonzales1 week ago

How is this not the top one? It’s so magical!19ReplyView more comments#12

The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk

“There’s more racism over there,” I said. “Hulk smash!” The Hulk replied.

Report136pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Finch1 week ago

Hulk has a lot of smashing to do to get rid of the hate in the world. Hulk is awesome!27ReplyView more comments#13

The Hunting Party

The Hunting Party

When I was asked to go duck hunting, this is not at all what I expected.

Report133pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Hunter1 week ago

ITS RABBIT SEASON20ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#14

The Coyote

The Coyote

True friends stay beside us when times get tough.

Report124pointsJohn MarshallPOST

RitaGG1 week ago

Awwww, this one is so sweet!16ReplyView more comments#15

The Miscalculation

The Miscalculation

Shadow thought she could jump across the canyon. I didn’t think she could make it. Then she tried. Unfortunately, I was right.

Report121pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Camilla Gonzales1 week ago

These photos are so amazing! And I love the literature references!21ReplyView more commentshttps://79a99f1cebb16dff86abbd255fc52b34.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html#16

The Cannonball

The Cannonball

You know that expression: Look before you leap? Yeah, maybe a quick peek isn’t a bad idea.

Report106pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Camilla Gonzales1 week ago

Can we take a moment to appreciate the photoshop in this though15ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#17

The Hatch

The Hatch

It was such an honor to be in the field as the turtledoves were hatching.

Report105pointsJohn MarshallPOST

O Jackson1 week ago

Aww, so cute! 10ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#18

The Disappointment

The Disappointment

“Are you the great and powerful Genie?” “No. Sorry, love. I’m the cleaning lady. Just tidying up between renters.”

Report101pointsJohn MarshallPOST

ArhomR1 week ago

That’s Genny the genie. She’s a clean up artist.14ReplyView more comments#19

It was one of the most beautiful sunsets I’d ever seen, but the little penguin on my shoulder just kept talking about sardines, sardines, sardines.

Report101pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Kimberley Thomas1 week ago

very pretty sunset9ReplyView more comments#20

The Alien

The Alien

“Do NOT take me to your leader,” the martian said. “Yeah. Good call,” I agreed. “He’s not so big on illegal aliens.”

Report100pointsJohn MarshallPOST

ArhomR1 week ago

Bawhahahaha!20ReplyView more comments#21

Medical professionals think heat may weaken the virus, so I’m keeping my dragon close.

Report95pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Laugh or not1 week ago

Me too. Always keep your dragon close, they like to cuddle.24ReplyView more comments#22

“Are you coming for me?” I asked Death. “Is it because of the virus?” “Oh, no,” Death replied. “I just thought I’d trim these bushes.”

Report93pointsJohn MarshallPOST

ArhomR1 week ago(edited)

Stand 6 feet apart.19ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#23

The Baby

The Baby

“Okay, little guy. You can do it. Just one word and you get the treat. Can you say: John? Jaaawwwn.”

Report90pointsJohn MarshallPOST

ArhomR1 week ago

Lizard says: nawww!10ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#24

The Date

The Date

I offered to drive to the restaurant, but Supergirl said she knew a shortcut.

Report89pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Mya Lugar1 week ago

She’s giving him a ‘leg up”.12ReplyView more comments#25

The Ride

The Ride

“Are you ready to switch yet? I think I’ve had just about enough of the milk crate.”

Report87pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Miss Cris1 week ago

E.T. ♥️7ReplyView more commentshttps://79a99f1cebb16dff86abbd255fc52b34.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html#26

The Law

The Law

After the strict leash law went into effect, things got a little weird between Goofy and me.

Report86pointsJohn MarshallPOST

ArhomR1 week ago

I can understand why.6ReplyView more comments#27

The Honeymoon

The Honeymoon

After the wedding, I had no idea how I was going to satisfy Queen Kong, but sometimes… you just need to dive right in and see what happens.

Report85pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Mya Lugar1 week ago

You can count on some monkey business, but I guess he found his prime mate!19ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#28

“Do you think we’re praying for the same thing?” I asked the mantis. “Probably not,” the mantis replied. “Why? What are you praying for?” I asked. “Fat juicy aphids on the rose bushes,” the mantis admitted. “Yeah, probably not,” I said.

Report82pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Finch1 week ago

Praying with the praying mantis…very respectful.12ReplyView more comments#29

They call it a Mer-tini. Or a Mer-garita. Something like that. And while it’s a fun novelty for summer, I’m not sure exactly how to drink it.

Report73pointsJohn MarshallPOST

Monika Soffronow1 week ago

I think that someone could be very upset in your stomach!6ReplyView more comments#30

Centaurs are majestic creatures. Half horse on the bottom, half man on the top. But Ruatnecs are… less noble, to put it mildly. And they definitely need to wear pants when they’re out of the corral.

Report68pointsJohn MarshallPOST

ArhomR1 week ago

Aw, go on. He’s just horsing around.12ReplyView more comments

Note: this post originally had 50 images. It’s been shortened to the top 30 images based on user votes.

Follow Bored Panda on Google News!Share on Facebook242 FollowJohn MarshallAuthor, Community member

John is an Emmy award-winning television producer and writer. His memoir, WIDE OPEN WORLD, was published by Random House and covers the six months he spent with his family, volunteering their way around the world. His “Sunset Selfies” have become an Internet sensation, featured everywhere from Rolling Stone Brazil to The Times of India. You can see his complete collection on Instagram @sunsetselfies Read more »