Artist Wants To Adopt A Cat So Bad, She Signs Up For A 100-Day Cat Meme Drawing Challenge

Drawing cats from memes every single day sounds like a dream come true. Well, animation student Emily Paquin aka Catwheezie is certainly living the life! She posts a drawing of a popular and beloved internet cat each day, and she doesn’t plan on stopping until she hits 100, and maybe even beyond!

“Most of the cats I draw are from popular cat images I find online through Instagram. I’ve always loved these types of funny cat pictures and remember being a kid, printing out similar ones, and gluing them on my school notebooks,” Em told Bored Panda about the project that she started on June 13.

Scroll down for the rest of our interview with Em and check out her fun feline illustrations below. Upvote the ones you liked best and let us know in the comments which one you enjoyed the most and why. Oh, and be sure to follow Em’s latest drawings on her Instagram!

More info: Instagram | Imgur | Ko-Fi | Redbubble | Website

This post may include affiliate links.#1

emwheezie Report80pointsPOST

pei meow1 week ago

That one person who always ruins the family photo23ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#2

emwheezie Report77pointsPOST

I am Batcat.18ReplyView more comments#3

emwheezie Report64pointsPOST

Night Owl1 week ago

I hate it when things get labeled wrong14ReplyView more comments

Cats were the first thing that Em learned to draw and the artist told Bored Panda that she has loved art her entire life.

“Currently, I attend an art college and study animation and illustration,” she said about her studies. So it’s safe to say that we can continue to see great things from Em in the near future after she gets her degree.

Each illustration takes Catwheezie anywhere from 2 to 3 hours to finish. It all depends on the level of detail that she wants to bring out and how busy she is that day.#4

emwheezie Report64pointsPOST

An army of one.13ReplyView more comments#5

emwheezie Report63pointsPOST

Leggo my Eggo!16ReplyView more comments#6

emwheezie Report61pointsPOST

Chelle R.1 week ago

Those sad ,see right through you kinda of eye’s!11ReplyView more comments

“Usually, I work on several of them at a time so I can make sure I’ll have a new cat to post everyday. A lot of planning goes into this project,” she shared her strategy for always having an emergency catto in her back pocket to post, just in case life gets in the way.

There’s no denying that drawing cats is a huge pleasure (and a great way to get on our meowsterious overlords’ good side). But why did Em start redrawing cat memes in the first place? Well, it turns out that she really, really wanted a kitten. Drawing cats was her way to communicate this desire to her family.#7

emwheezie Report60pointsPOST

Hiding in plain sight.12ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#8

emwheezie Report56pointsPOST

Raine Soo1 week ago(edited)

Even the cat knows that the earth is round.15ReplyView more comments#9

emwheezie Report56pointsPOST

A cat impersonating a penguin. Imposter!9ReplyView more comments

“The project started when I decided to draw a cat every day until I was able to adopt one myself. For a while, I imagined I might be drawing cats forever, doomed to never adopt one. Magically, things fell into place and on day 21, my family and I adopted Beanie, a two-month-old rescue kitten,” Em shared the fantastic news.

Even after getting the cat of her dreams, the illustrator continued with her project. Which we’re very happy with. As are Em’s fans.#10

emwheezie Report51pointsPOST

Manasvi Tupe1 week ago

Awwwwwwwwwwqw! Its eyes!!!9ReplyView more comments#11

emwheezie Report50pointsPOST

Heat seeking cat!12ReplyView more comments#12

emwheezie Report49pointsPOST

Delonnie Torres1 week ago

The little sneaky cheesy cat9ReplyView more comments

“With many people invested in the journey, I continued to draw even after my quest to adopt a cat ended. I set my goal to 100 consecutive days! After that, who knows! If people aren’t sick of my cat art by then, I’d be glad to continue.”

Sick of cat art? Is that even a thing?! We can’t wait to see Catwheezie finish her 100-cat-meme project and we’re giddy with anticipation to find out what’s going to happen next.#13

emwheezie Report48pointsPOST

pei meow1 week ago

The toilet is occupied7ReplyView more comments#14

emwheezie Report48pointsPOST

How do hoomans wear these things?12ReplyView more comments#15

emwheezie Report47pointsPOST

Raine Soo1 week ago

I wanted to get a couple of IKEA doll beds for my girls, but they’d probably sleep in the boxes instead.12ReplyView more comments#16

emwheezie Report45pointsPOST

Raine Soo1 week ago(edited)

Talk to the back.7ReplyView more comments#17

emwheezie Report45pointsPOST

Night Owl1 week ago

You can’t tell me what (not) to do!12ReplyView more comments#18

emwheezie Report41pointsPOST

This is the coolest cat on the block.10ReplyView more comments#19

emwheezie Report39pointsPOST

I love furniture for cats.10ReplyView more comments#20

emwheezie Report39pointsPOST

VANILLA1 week ago

I don’t always puke all over your bed, but when I do, your probably in it.12ReplyView more comments#21

emwheezie Report37pointsPOST

Caught in the act!10ReplyView more comments#22

emwheezie Report37pointsPOST

Rose1 week ago

This cat is so like me6ReplyView more comments#23

emwheezie Report35pointsPOST

Eva Cheong1 week ago

So mesmerising….3ReplyView more comments#24

emwheezie Report33pointsPOST

Who doesn’t like pizza?5ReplyView more comments#25

emwheezie Report32pointsPOST

Chelle R.1 week ago(edited)

I don’t like this one, it hurts to look at the black beauty like that! *DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME EVER*15ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#26

emwheezie Report30pointsPOST

We’ve got you surrounded!9ReplyView more comments#27

emwheezie Report29pointsPOST

Dana Grunwald1 week ago

Time to bite back.3ReplyView more comments#28

emwheezie Report29pointsPOST

Delonnie Torres1 week ago

it’s really sad poor him4ReplyView more comments#29

emwheezie Report27pointsPOST

Paul Nelson1 week ago

A true reversal of fortunes7ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#30

emwheezie Report23pointsPOST

Dana Grunwald1 week ago

Poor kitty!3ReplyView more comments

Note: this post originally had 70 images. It’s been shortened to the top 30 images based on user votes.

Follow Bored Panda on Google News!172 FollowJonas GrinevičiusWriter, BoredPanda staff

Jonas is a Bored Panda writer who previously worked as a world news journalist elsewhere. After getting his bachelor’s degree in Politics and International Relations at the University of Manchester, he returned home and graduated from Vilnius University with a master’s degree in Comparative Politics. Jonas enjoys writing articles ranging from serious topics like politics and social issues to more lighthearted things like art, pop culture, and nature. In his spare time, Jonas writes books and short stories and likes to draw lighthearted illustrations. A huge fan of literature, films, philosophy, and tabletop games, he also has a special place in his heart for anything related to fantasy or science fiction. Read more »