People Are Posting Their Most Embarrassing Childhood Photos (50 New Pics)

Blunder years could be described as a period in someone’s life when they thought they were different and edgy but in reality they were choosing terrible clothes and even worse haircuts.

There’s even a subreddit dedicated to it, appropriately called Blunder Years: pictures from a regrettable past. It invites people who just found their old photos not to delete them but to make amends with their former self and upload it on the Internet. And many do. Here are some of the cringiest posts the online community has to offer.

When you’re done scrolling through them, check out our earlier article about people posting their most embarrassing childhood photos.

This post may include affiliate links.#1

2008, Senior Friend Asked Me To Prom When I Was A Freshman. My Parents Didn’t Want Me To Go But Also Didn’t Want To Forbid Me, So They Didn’t Give Me Money For A Dress Thinking That Would Stop Us. We Made Both Of Our Outfits Entirely Out Of Duct Tape For Like $30

2008, Senior Friend Asked Me To Prom When I Was A Freshman. My Parents Didn't Want Me To Go But Also Didn't Want To Forbid Me, So They Didn't Give Me Money For A Dress Thinking That Would Stop Us. We Made Both Of Our Outfits Entirely Out Of Duct Tape For Like $30

shiasurprize Report518pointsPOST

Enuya4 days ago

Wow! You had better results with just duct tape than I’d ever have even with sewing machine168ReplyView More Replies…View more comments

You might think these people are crazy for posting such photos on the Internet. However, a certain amount of self-reflection can be healthy, helping a person to become their strongest self.

Amy Morin, the author of 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do, said dwelling on the past can easily distract someone from the present. “The truth is, you never know what life would have had in store for you if you’d made a different choice,” she told Inc. “Depending on your circumstances, you may just need to give yourself permission to move forward, and then make a conscious effort to stop yourself every time you keep dwelling on the past.” That includes thinking how lame you used to look, too!#2

It Was “Opposite Day” At School In 2005, Most People Wore Black And White Or Something.. I Decide To Dress As A Girl.. I Lived In A Small Town In Idaho. It Didn’t Go Over Well

awashbu12 Report514pointsPOST

Elizabeth Molloy4 days ago

I applaud your bravery!213ReplyView More Replies…View more comments

“Refusing to dwell on the past isn’t about ignoring the things that happened. Instead, it often means embracing and accepting your experiences so you can live in the present,” Morin explained. “So recognize the emotional toll that dwelling on something is taking on you, and then give yourself permission to move forward.”

To paraphrase Tyrion Lannister, never forget what you were. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.#3

I Don’t Know If I’m More Embarrassed By How Many Hours It Took Teen Me To Make This, Or That I Actually Tagged My Crush When I Posted It

I Don't Know If I'm More Embarrassed By How Many Hours It Took Teen Me To Make This, Or That I Actually Tagged My Crush When I Posted It

eehttofu Report488pointsPOST

ADHORTATOR4 days ago

Impressive!169ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#4

My Mom Dressed Me Like This So I Was Easy To Spot When She Picked Me Up…

My Mom Dressed Me Like This So I Was Easy To Spot When She Picked Me Up...

pluckems Report474pointsPOST

brukernavn3404 days ago

Up158ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#5

Got Dumped A Week Before Prom, But My Mom Insisted I Go Take The Pictures She Paid For, So I Made A Sock Puppet To Bring As My Date. I Regret Nothing

Reverend_Deek_Lovin Report465pointsPOST

Yeah, you heard4 days ago

Love this82ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#6

My Mom Told Me Not To Blink During My 2nd Grade Class Picture

My Mom Told Me Not To Blink During My 2nd Grade Class Picture

ntaylor7746 Report431pointsPOST

Foxxy (The Original)4 days ago

Looks like this kid has seen things, disturbing things.120ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#7

My Dad Always Thought This Haircut Looked Incredible On Me. My Mom Thought The Shirt Was Incredible. Looking Back At 2nd Grade Me Is Incredible. I’m A Female

My Dad Always Thought This Haircut Looked Incredible On Me. My Mom Thought The Shirt Was Incredible. Looking Back At 2nd Grade Me Is Incredible. I'm A Female

kikiglitz Report418pointsPOST

Elizabeth Molloy4 days ago

You look like you’re in a 1980s Spielberg film!119ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#8

My Siblings And I Were Forced Into A ‘Pet Look Alike’ Competition. It Still Haunts Us

Innerbooty Report416pointsPOST

Toni4 days ago

That’s disturbing169ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#9

In Honor Of My Husband’s 37th Birthday, I Present To You His Senior Prom Photo From 2000

Loocylooo Report404pointsPOST

Pseudo Puppy4 days ago

this…. is frikken awesome!!!139ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#10

Tried To Smile, Channeled Jim Carrey Instead. Allllllllrighty Then

Tried To Smile, Channeled Jim Carrey Instead. Allllllllrighty Then

8b**city Report373pointsPOST

DC4 days ago

Uh … evil smile. Cool.56ReplyView more comments#11

My Mother Said I Would Regret This Photo… No Regrets Mom! Circa 2002

My Mother Said I Would Regret This Photo... No Regrets Mom! Circa 2002

Made_lion Report366pointsPOST

chi-wei shen4 days ago

No reason for regrets, just a funny photo of a beautiful girl.130ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#12

10m, And Looking Like A Middle Age Mom Who’s Deciding To Grace You With A Smile, While Still Judging You Just A Little

otusasio451 Report364pointsPOST

Elizabeth Molloy4 days ago

Your favourite Primary School teacher, who’s tough but fair.94ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#13

‘How Did You Know I Was Gay?’ Said The Posing Seven Year Old Boy In Make Up, A Perm, And Black Sequinned Jellicle Cats Dance Costume

DefinitelyNotADeer Report358pointsPOST

Scagsy4 days ago

Five hairdriers were killed during the making of this hair.152ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#14

It’s Amazing What Growing A Beard, Growing Up, Changing Your Style And Leaving A Cult Can Do For You! (2011 vs. 2020)

excusetheblood Report356pointsPOST

Awia4 days ago

Good job on leaving a cult. Those are always toxic.185ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#15

My Boyfriend’s 10th Grade Picture Is Pure Rebellion. According To Him, His Mom Cried When She Received The Pictures Back

My Boyfriend's 10th Grade Picture Is Pure Rebellion. According To Him, His Mom Cried When She Received The Pictures Back

imgur.com Report349pointsPOST

Pseudo Puppy4 days ago

ohhhhh the teenage passive-aggressive rebellion is strong in this one. I totally appreciate the thought process behind this. If I was his parent, I would’ve found this hilarious.117ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#16

Ten Years And One Transition Later: Some Things Never Change

Ten Years And One Transition Later: Some Things Never Change

reddit.com Report346pointsPOST

chi-wei shen4 days ago(edited)

There is no reason to ditch Mario, no matter what’s your age or gender.129ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#17

Had A “Photoshoot” With My Mom And Thought That Being “The Weird Kid” Made Me Cool And Mysterious

Had A "Photoshoot" With My Mom And Thought That Being "The Weird Kid" Made Me Cool And Mysterious

Dinkelburger123 Report344pointsPOST

Pseudo Puppy4 days ago

that’s one good lookin’ guy…. (swap the leather coat for a plain black leather coat, & it’d be classic). Please tell me you took these to a legit modelling agency. Because jacket-choice aside, you could’ve got a contract.207ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#18

My Family Looking Like An Ll Bean Catalog Submission, And Then There’s 15 Year Old Me

My Family Looking Like An Ll Bean Catalog Submission, And Then There's 15 Year Old Me

Floridaasf**k Report334pointsPOST

Andrew Gibb4 days ago

like the spirit of a deceased ancestor turning up for the photo170ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#19

Found My High School ID This Morning

Found My High School ID This Morning

dial6664satan Report329pointsPOST

Daria Z4 days ago

Ha, it looks cool 😀46ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#20

My All-Time Favorite Picture Of My Husband. He Was 20 In This Picture. Posting With His Reluctant Permission

geekoutfreakout69420 Report322pointsPOST

Kady Maree Mcgrath4 days ago

It’s like business at the front party at the back but in the picture it’s party at the top business at the bottom79ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#21

Husband? Dead. Emotion? Devastated. Insurance Money? Cashed. Eyebrows? Don’t Need Them

Dracoco Report319pointsPOST

Julie Lemaire4 days ago

OMG you are Carmelita Spats from A Serie of Unfortunate Events !!84ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#22

12 Years Ago. Teenage Pregnancy. Our First Family Photo

12 Years Ago. Teenage Pregnancy. Our First Family Photo

enbeay Report312pointsPOST

Elizabeth Molloy4 days ago

You guys look like fun!121ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#23

School Photo Looking Like 60-Year Old Librarian With My Cardigan, Turtleneck And Thick Glasses Date And Age Unknown

Al_E77 Report303pointsPOST

Elizabeth Molloy4 days ago

Bunny buttons!133ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#24

My Mother Found This Photo Of My Church Friend (Ryan Gosling) And I. We Had Some Awful 90s Hairs Cuts

Talisintiel Report285pointsPOST

Kady Maree Mcgrath4 days ago

He looks like Draco Malfoy170ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#25

When I Was 14 I Was Dating A Girl From Another High School. I Decided To Surprise Her On Her Birthday By Dressing Up As A Clown And Busting Into Her Classroom Singing “Happy Birthday”. She Was Mortified! When The Dust Settled She Thankfully Realized The Thoughtfulness That Went Into The Gesture

1doublezero Report277pointsPOST

Vic4 days ago

That’s a bold move..105ReplyView more comments#26

8th Grade Me Thought I Was The [Coolest], Went Like This To A Christian Concert Event

mastermoto7321 Report270pointsPOST

Scagsy4 days ago

It’s the feather boa that really make it though103ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#27

I Was That Girl

I Was That Girl

Gotholotls Report264pointsPOST

Devon W4 days ago

I would dye my hair like that now if I was brave enough74ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#28

In High School I Went Through A Belt Phase. For Some Reason, I Thought The More Belts I Had On, The Cooler I Looked. I Later Discovered... That Was A Lie

JustSherlock Report264pointsPOST

Clavelle4 days ago

When you have that many awesome belts, how could you choose just one?94ReplyView more comments#29

They Seem To Bring A Smile To Your Face. Hope This Makes Your Day A Little Better. I Present, Me As A Kid

zwaymire Report259pointsPOST

Lauren Caswell4 days ago

Any fruit pies?29ReplyView more comments#30

Me At 17(2010) Living It Up In Vegas

Me At 17(2010) Living It Up In Vegas

pelirojo67 Report249pointsPOST

Hans4 days ago

Reposting this image will not help you….162ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#31

Me, On My 8th Birthday, Getting The DS I Raved About

Me, On My 8th Birthday, Getting The DS I Raved About

reddit.com Report249pointsPOST

Toni4 days ago

dat teef84ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#32

Growing Up In Detroit When Eminem Came Out Yeaaaaaah…

Growing Up In Detroit When Eminem Came Out Yeaaaaaah...

mike70wu Report241pointsPOST

Tee4 days ago

I’m Slim Shady, yes I’m the real Shady All you other Slim Shadys are just imitating So won’t the real Slim Shady please stand up Please stand up, please stand up?82ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#33

14 Year Old Me Photoshopping Out My Dad For Britney Spears. This Is Just So Toxic

heymanmaniac Report232pointsPOST

Enuya4 days ago

Still better photoshop skills than one can see on some so-called ‘influencers’ profiles.206ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#34

Me At Age 15, Channeling My Inner 30something Business Woman

Me At Age 15, Channeling My Inner 30something Business Woman

treslilbirds Report228pointsPOST

JuJu4 days ago

“Well Brenda, of course we can talk again about the second fireplace. I’m sure I have EXACTLY the house you are looking for. Just let me check my list…”85ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#35

As Most People Thought My Fiancé Last Photo Was Not A Blunder, I Present To You Her College Library Card – 2003

As Most People Thought My Fiancé Last Photo Was Not A Blunder, I Present To You Her College Library Card - 2003

Jambohh Report221pointsPOST

Daria Z4 days ago

That’s what I would have worn if I was braver back then 🙂36ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#36

Dwight Schrute Glasses? Check. Braces? Check. Turtle And Cat As Only Friends? Check. Braided Rat Tail With Beads? Zoom In...

Pizzarazzi Report220pointsPOST

Zophra4 days ago

Ah, the cat looks like it’s trying to escape from you…35ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#37

I Was In An Early 2000’s Transitional Phase Between Awkward And Total Embarrassment

I Was In An Early 2000's Transitional Phase Between Awkward And Total Embarrassment

PigSlug Report218pointsPOST

Mark4 days ago

Clown somewhere looking for his trousers!49ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#38

Well I’m 34 Now. Still Into Model Rockets Though

Well I'm 34 Now. Still Into Model Rockets Though

MiniDriver Report217pointsPOST

Clavelle4 days ago

I very much appreciate this picture! I hope its framed and up on a wall somewhere!55ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#39

I’m Glad My Looks Didn’t Peak At Age 13. (Not A Costume. God Help Me, I Really Dressed Like That)

vrnkafurgis Report210pointsPOST

Enuya4 days ago

Hey, half of the problem were glasses. I know from own experience how big difference flattened lenses and a well-chosen frame of glasses may do.82ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#40

My Childhood Was Destined To Be A Rough One…

My Childhood Was Destined To Be A Rough One...

ThunderousDong Report209pointsPOST

DKS 0014 days ago

and now he’s someone’s upper management boss84ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#41

Freshman College, ‘94: Control Yourselves, Ladies

Freshman College, ‘94: Control Yourselves, Ladies

Warshok Report204pointsPOST

Tovah Roche4 days ago

He looks like he’s headed to Silicone Valley to start his own tech company.63ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#42

Hawaii Wasn’t Ready For My Ice Cold Sister And I In 2003

Hawaii Wasn’t Ready For My Ice Cold Sister And I In 2003

mrspetie Report201pointsPOST

Tee4 days ago

Spy Kids!58ReplyView more comments#43

Mom Found This Recently, Me At 18, My Reaction When She Showed Me Was “God Damn What Is That Creature”

Mom Found This Recently, Me At 18, My Reaction When She Showed Me Was "God Damn What Is That Creature"

stemid85 Report193pointsPOST

Toni4 days ago

the “now” picture would be interesting..118ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#44

My Outfit During A Snowfall In May 2004

My Outfit During A Snowfall In May 2004

Articado Report192pointsPOST

Lauren Caswell4 days ago

You look middle aged, what?! XD66ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#45

2002, Age 14. I Have No Idea What I Was Rebelling Against But I Was Going At It Hard

Dishyphus Report190pointsPOST

glowworm24 days ago

Loving the squirrel shirt!36ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#46

My Junior Year Yearbook Picture

My Junior Year Yearbook Picture

gamerskaterchef Report184pointsPOST

Isabella Stoevsand4 days ago

you are… the last Airbender. I am so sorry Aang.52ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#47

Sophomore Year Of High School, I Would Show Up Like This And Hang Out Behind The Library With My Little Edgy Kids Group

ChaloPerea98 Report177pointsPOST

glowworm24 days ago

Amazing! I’m surprised you were allowed to wear the “bloody” T-shirt to school though.75ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#48

My Parents On Their Second Date!

My Parents On Their Second Date!

majestyyy_ Report167pointsPOST

Crissy Brandt4 days ago

Your parents are very high.151ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#49

Every Time My Friend Moves, She Rediscovers This Gem From Middle School

Every Time My Friend Moves, She Rediscovers This Gem From Middle School

Jaylee9000 Report154pointsPOST

Sent From The Slytherin House4 days ago

I laughed sooo hard at this!33ReplyView More Replies…View more comments#50

I Was A Cute Little Girl, Except For The Fact That I’m A Guy

I Was A Cute Little Girl, Except For The Fact That I'm A Guy

Frendian Report152pointsPOST

Pseudo Puppy4 days ago

ah, the cliche of gender-signalling identifiers. You were cute. end of story. 🙂64ReplyView More Replies…View more comments

Note: this post originally had 196 images. It’s been shortened to the top 50 images based on user votes.

Follow Bored Panda on Google News!324 Rokas LaurinavičiusWriter, BoredPanda staff

Rokas is a writer at Bored Panda with a BA in Communication. After working for a sculptor, he fell in love with visual storytelling and enjoys covering everything from TV shows (any Sopranos fans out there?) to photography. Throughout his years in Bored Panda, over 235 million people have read the posts he’s written, which is probably more than he could count to.