Woman Is Stuck At Home Due To Her Chronic Illness, So She Gets Herself A Dog That Has Funny Human-Like Expressions (30 Pics) Interview With Owner

Being stuck at home because of chronic illness can be very lonesome and challenging for many people—unless you have a pet who not only cuddles with you and cheers you up, but also makes the whole internet smile at how cute and adorable she is. That’s exactly what Penelope the Goose does with her unique appearance and human-like expressions that certainly can make anyone’s day better. Scroll down for Bored Panda‘s interview with Penelope’s owner Kayla!

More info: Instagram | Facebook #1

penelope_goose Report 195points POST

Kill-Bunny 2 weeks ago

Priceless!!! I wouldn’t be ever able to be sad at home with such a gracious Goose! 33 replyView More Replies…View more comments #2

penelope_goose Report 192points POST

Kill-Bunny 2 weeks ago

If Snoop Dog was a lady. 68 replyView More Replies…View more comments

Penelope the Goose is a 3-year-old Italian greyhound who lives with her owner Kayla Harvey in Gardner, Kansas. She was brought home three years ago when she was just eight weeks old. The fluffy companion was meant to keep Kayla company after her youngest child was about to start school so she wouldn’t be at home alone. “When my youngest child started school, I realized I would be home alone for the first time in years. I had 2 dogs who were both seniors and had a senior dog recently pass away. I was too ill to go back to work and as I’m often stuck in my house for days due to being chronically ill, my dogs are my best friends and often all I have to keep me company. I thought I would adopt another older dog, but the family whom Penelope belonged to told me that there was something very special about Penelope,” says Kayla to Bored Panda. #3

penelope_goose Report 178points POST

Lydia Interiano Dalton 2 weeks ago

my leetle russian lady 37 replyView More Replies…View more comments #4

penelope_goose Report 171points POST

Helen Haley 2 weeks ago

That is an amazing amount of judgment coming from a spindly dog. 56 replyView more comments

Kayla says that Penelope was very different from the other puppies in her litter. While others were bouncy and wild, she stayed calm, gentle, and cuddly. She was told that Penelope would be perfect for someone who is chronically ill. “When I got to the home that had Penelope, my son and I were greeted at the door by her puppy brothers and sisters. They were wild and bouncy and one grabbed my son’s shoe and ran off with it! But Penelope was shyly cuddling in bed. Much calmer than the other dogs. When I picked her up, she was so tiny and gentle and just cuddled up to me and slept. For me, it was love at first sight!” #5

penelope_goose Report 168points POST

Linda Barone 2 weeks ago

I LOVE LOVE PENELOPE!!! SHE MAKES MY HEART MELT❤ WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL 32 replyView More Replies…View more comments #6

penelope_goose Report 167points POST

ArhomR 2 weeks ago

I think I love her. 29 replyView More Replies…View more comments

After posting a few of Penelope’s pictures on Facebook, Kayla realized that people love her unique “goose-like” look and created her own Instagram account. She instantly gained online fame! Now Penelope has 87.2k followers on her Instagram account, who enjoy her funny expressions and “fashionista” nature. “Penelope overall does great posing for pictures! She is such an inquisitive little thing that she often stays very still while she is scoping things out. Most of our pics are just natural looks from us cuddling on the couch, but the more ‘posed’ pics she enjoys doing because she gets treats and loves having all the attention on her!” #7

penelope_goose Report 151points POST

KT 2 weeks ago

lol really reminds me of Sid from Ice age 53 replyView More Replies…View more comments #8

penelope_goose Report 150points POST

Lydia Interiano Dalton 2 weeks ago

tHeRe’S a SnAkE iN mY bOoT! 29 replyView More Replies…View more comments

Many may have noticed that Penelope has many fashionable outfits. When asked how Kayla chooses her clothing, she says that her breed requires clothing to stay warm, so she decided to make it unique and fashionable. “Italian Greyhounds often require clothing, they have very little body fat and can get cold easily and so in cold climates, they often need warm PJs or jackets. They also are susceptible to sunburns with their thin fur and sensitive skin. So in the summer, they often need thin layers to protect from the sun. With all that in mind, I love finding clothes or collars that match Penelope’s Goosey personality! I love things that are whimsical, unique, and colorful for her. There is an amazing woman that owns a company called duds4buds and she often makes Penelope incredible, unique custom clothing and comes up with really unique ideas for Penelope’s outfits!” #9

penelope_goose Report 146points POST

Lydia Interiano Dalton 2 weeks ago

nom 20 replyView more comments #10

penelope_goose Report 141points POST

ArhomR 2 weeks ago

I’m ready for my close up. 19 replyView more comments

When asked how she would describe Penelope’s personality, Kayla says: “She is not like any dog I have ever met. She is funny! She loves playing games and even seems to have a sense of humor. Penelope is sassy! She does what she wants how she wants to do it. She is sneaky and mischievous and an evil genius of sorts! I have never seen a dog be able to figure out the things she does to get a hold of what she wants. We’ve gone through lines of trash cans trying to find one she can’t figure out how to unlock! Any of The Goose’s mischievousness is balanced out by pounds of sweetness! She is incredibly loving and affectionate. She adores kisses and hugs and snuggles and is always cuddled up with me or one of my kids. She will wrap her arms around us in a hug when we are kissing her.” #11

penelope_goose Report 128points POST

Lydia Interiano Dalton 2 weeks ago

“dOnT bE sHy PuT sOmE mOrE” 21 replyView more comments #12

penelope_goose Report 122points POST

Lydia Interiano Dalton 2 weeks ago

“your breath stink bro” 38 replyView More Replies…View more comments

Penelope loves children and especially playing with them. Kayla says that Penelope can sense if one of her children is ill and then cuddles and stays with them. “She seems to prefer children over adults (besides a special few adults). She loves playing with my kids and their friends and if one of my children is ill, she seems to know and cuddles up on them and stays with them. She is loved by my children so intensely and she seems to reciprocate the feelings. She keeps our entire family laughing with her goofy antics on top of that!” #13

penelope_goose Report 120points POST

manon M 2 weeks ago

P’tit burrito ♥️ 12 replyView More Replies…View more comments #14

penelope_goose Report 111points POST

J Sizz 2 weeks ago

Her owner: You’re so adorable!!! Penelope: “Okay….. this is where I draw the line.” 34 replyView more comments #15

penelope_goose Report 110points POST

penelope_goose Report 71points POST

ArhomR 2 weeks ago

Who needs pearls with teeth like mine? 12 replyView more comments #30

penelope_goose Report 64points POST

Helen Haley 2 weeks ago

shmiiiiiile! 12 replyView more comments

Note: this post originally had 83 images. It’s been shortened to the top 30 images based on user votes.

Follow Bored Panda on Google News! 311 FollowHidrėlėy Author, Pro member

Fascinated by music, movies and sitcoms, I’m passionate about social media and can’t live without the internet, especially for all the cute dog and cat pictures out there. I wish the day had about 40 hours to be able to do everything I want. Read more »Show All Contributors Anyone can write on Bored Panda LEARN MORE Popular on Bored Panda My Colleague Brought A Pregnant Stray Cat Into Our Office, Now The Family Of Nine Has Their Own Meeting Room 10 Pics Of People Before And After They Were Asked To Smile (New Pics) Interview With Author Women In Their 40s Share Life Lessons They Learnt Late In Life, And Here Are 45 Of The Best Ones Walmart Congratulates Their Cashier Of The Week And People Start Sharing Hilarious Stories About Her Overweight Golden Retriever’s Owner Demanded Vet Put Him Down, Luckily, He Refused (21 Pics) 100 Honest Pictures Of Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards By Street Photographer Aleksandr Petrosyan (New Pics) What do you think ?

Diana Cartwright 2 weeks ago

I’ve heard of a lot of “stuck at home so I adopted” pets lately… I hope everybody knows that animals last a looooong time, and boredom is NOT a fair reason to get one. I’m glad for the ones who find a forever home, of course. 13 reply

Laura Lawson 1 week ago

If you read the commentary, she actually got this dog 3 years ago to keep her company while her kids were at school. This is no Coronavirus giveaway! 10 replyLoad More Replies…

jasper 2 weeks ago

Goofball! 7 reply

Oskar vanZandt 1 week ago

A pretty, goofy pupster that has oodles of patience for her human! The indignities suffered… Looks like Penelope was a good distraction for her human. Wish them both all the happiness… 5 replyLoad More Comments Popular on Bored Panda Macaulay Culkin Might Be One Of The Funniest People On Twitter, And Here Are 30 Of His Tweets To Prove It Photographer Captures Amusing Pics Of Stunning Mantises, And Here Are 30 Of The Best Ones 40 Cats Who Decided That Disobeying Their Owners Is Not Enough So They Defied The Laws Of Physics As Well