Canadian artist Marie-Claude Marquis gives a second life to traditional enamel plates from “grandmothers”. The kitsch of these white dishes with patterns of kittens or flowers, are transformed under the artist’s typographic intervention into pop culture references.
Since then, her own collection has only grown, from dishes to decanters. Collecting each of these vintage objects is an excuse to create deeply contemporary design objects. Inspired by her own memories, her reflections and emotions, Marie-Claude Marquis rekindles kitsch in her ultimate vintage dream.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION BOOKMARK THIS STORY
- Most Popular
- 1GRAPHICPhotographer Asked Artists To Draw… 7
- 2USER FEATUREDVintage Plates Become Memes Thanks To… 6
- 3PHOTOGRAPHY“Dancers & Dogs”: Photographs… 5
- 4TECHNOLOGYMicrashell: A Cyperpunk Suit To Club… 5
- 5USER FEATUREDA Joyful Design for a Primary School… 5
- 6GRAPHICStriking Black Lives Matter Street-Art 5
- 7PHOTOGRAPHYPictures of Black Victorians to… 4
- Focus On
For More Information About This Blog Post, Click Here!