The architecture studio Fala Atelier has built six micro apartments around a communal garden in Porto, Portugal.
The Portuguese studio renovated a pair of granite buildings to create a row of five 30-square-metre houses next to a slightly larger single-family home, all of which share similar interior design, materials and finishes.closevolume_off
Each house has a living space on the ground floor lit by a pair of shuttered windows, one of which acts as a door, with a staircase leading to a sleeping area that is placed above a bathroom.
“This project explains our architectural ambition: we want to create independently of the limits imposed by the original building and the starting conditions” explains the studio.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION BOOKMARK THIS STORY
- Most Popular
- 1GRAPHICPhotographer Asked Artists To Draw… 7
- 2USER FEATUREDVintage Plates Become Memes Thanks To… 6
- 3PHOTOGRAPHY“Dancers & Dogs”: Photographs… 5
- 4TECHNOLOGYMicrashell: A Cyperpunk Suit To Club… 5
- 5USER FEATUREDA Joyful Design for a Primary School… 5
- 6GRAPHICStriking Black Lives Matter Street-Art 5
- 7PHOTOGRAPHYPictures of Black Victorians to… 4
- 8PHOTOGRAPHYThe Winners of the 2020 iPhone… 1
- Focus OnPOP CULTURECarrie Fisher On Her Fire Escape in 1977 • 5
- 452 343FOLLOWERS0LIKES
For More Information About This Blog Post, Click Here!