This Special Effects Makeup Artist Is Blowing People’s Minds With His Incredible Talent (50 Photos)

Having gained more than 16 years of experience, this special effects make up artist is bound to blow your mind away. Working also as a creative director in films, advertising and other projects, Amazing JIRO is a Tokyo-based make up artist whose talent knows no boundaries. “Currently, there are some differences in expression among Special Effects Makeup, Bodypaint, and Beauty Makeup, however, I would like to expand the makeup world by getting rid of the border of each category,” the artist told Bored Panda.

His experience includes working on such world-renowned films like Attack on Titan, Shin Godzilla, and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. “He creates artwork with advanced painting techniques and attracting the world with his power of ideas and high-quality works,” official Amazing JIRO website reads. Scroll down to see wonderful works of art painted on human bodies and vote for the ones that impressed you the most!

More info: Instagram

cat nip nip nip 1 day agoi can’t comprehend this just wow

“I used to like drawing since I was a child, and I was good at it. When I was in high school, I decided to go to an art university,” talking about his artistic background, Amazing JIRO told Bored Panda.

amazing_jiro Report

My O My 3 hours agoWithout the second pic I’d have thought it to be a photo of an ape

“When I was studying at university, I wanted to make anything without being tied up with specific materials,” the artist told us. “At that point, I started to be interested in the materials and production method of special effects makeup. I like to create things realistically, so I thought if I learn special effects makeup where they create human skin like its real, I would be able to pursue realistic expressions.”

“Nowadays, you can see many different kinds of expressions on social media from all over the world,” talking about ideas, Amazing JIRO told Bored Panda. “I usually check out photos and videos on social media and imagine, “If I were to create this, I would do this and that.” I think the accumulation of that leads to new ideas.” The themes that the artist likes to explore? “Any theme, but I would like to create artwork that I feel that only I could create.”

amazing_jiro Report

Podunkus 34 minutes agoGuillermo del Toro would be very proud of this!

amazing_jiro , Jonas Leriche Report

BLACKA BLACKA 2 hours agoReminds me of a Hellraiser cenobite.

amazing_jiro Report

BeazleBug 1 day agoGiger would have approved.

amazing_jiro Report

crysta burdick 16 hours agoI think her neck looks to young, considering you show before pic

amazing_jiro Report

Jan Feline 10 hours agoDoesn’t even need glasses to be called, “Four-eyes!”

amazing_jiro , Jon Boogz and Sozo Artists Report

Jan Feline 10 hours agoLove this! The wood looks so real

amazing_jiro Report

Ryukei Panda 1 day agoIt would be nice to have at least 2 pictures, the one with the proper pose, as shown, and one with the model acting normal, smiling with both eyes open for instance. It would be great to compare!

amazing_jiro Report

crysta burdick 15 hours agoLet me expose my real self!!

crysta burdick 15 hours agowhat a work of art

amazing_jiro Report

Loki’s Lil Butter Knife 2 hours agoGorgeous- this one has to be my personal favourite!

amazing_jiro Report

cat nip nip nip 1 day agoi first i thought that was a well you know (i am sorry)

Emmanuela Emmanuel 10 hours agocool fist et

amazing_jiro Report

Deema 36 minutes agoAmazing!

amazing_jiro Report

Jan Feline 10 hours agoThis is awesome! Should be way higher!

Zorena Deckard 1 hour agoDecay

amazing_jiro Report

Yvette Desmarais 4 hours agoMore shivers.

amazing_jiro Report

zims 6 hours agoThis kind of art makes me wish there was a body paint subcommunity to furries. Masks can’t convey the same impact as faces!

amazing_jiro Report

Jan Feline 10 hours agoEven with the make-up, you can see how handsome the model is.

amazing_jiro Report

zims 6 hours agoLooks like an advertisement for the Broadway Lion King show. I’d watch it!

amazing_jiro Report

crysta burdick 15 hours agoSame girl as # 15, just not quite finished or just anther photo op or a break for subject?

amazing_jiro Report

crysta burdick 15 hours agosame subject # 15, she must have had patience and time

amazing_jiro Report

zims 6 hours agoI’d love it if this turned into a real makeup trend. Flower crowns are so last season, this year it’s all about flower paints.

G13 1 hour agoCool!!

尺ㄖᄃᄃㄖ.ⱠØⱠ 9 hours agoi looove it 😍

My O My 3 hours agoI totally love the painted hands

crysta burdick 15 hours agolove the incorporation of cloth pattern into face

amazing_jiro , NYX Professional Makeup FACE Awards Japan Report

crysta burdick 15 hours agoland scapes of the soul

amazing_jiro Report

MacDudu 1 hour agoThis comment has been deleted.

amazing_jiro Report

crysta burdick 15 hours agoWhere is thy true self, hidden behind the make-up/mask, like mediated reality

amazing_jiro Report

Deema 30 minutes agoCute Groot!!!

尺ㄖᄃᄃㄖ.ⱠØⱠ 9 hours agoi like the uniform color

amazing_jiro Report

Kate S. 3 hours agodude i love this!