How many times have you scrolled through breathtaking pics of wildlife and told yourself “challenge accepted”? Well, it turns out it’s not so easy to take that pitch-perfect shot.

Animals⁠, they move. A camera⁠, it wobbles. A hand⁠, it shakes. And weather⁠, it’s always a mystery. This is the combination you need to get a spectacularly terrible wildlife pic. In fact, some of the entries are so bad they’ve made their way into the Crap Wildlife Photography group on Facebook. Here are some of the best failed shots that may make you think twice about pressing that capture button any time soon.

I Took This Picture Of A Carpenter Bee Last Summer

I Took This Picture Of A Carpenter Bee Last Summer

Crap wildlife photography Report

Foxxy (The Original) 1 day agoLooks like it’s got googly eyes.

I Was In The Middle Of A Zoom When I Noticed This Bastard

I Was In The Middle Of A Zoom When I Noticed This Bastard

Crap wildlife photography Report

Demi Zwaan 1 day agoAaaand it’s time to buy a new keyboard.

Timed My Shot Perfectly. *sigh*

Timed My Shot Perfectly. *sigh*

Crap wildlife photography Report

Lara Smith 1 day agoThis accurately describes a lot of board meetings.

In wildlife photography, nature dictates everything. That means that in order to get that picture, you need practice. But some things should be inherent to an animal and wildlife photographer. You need to be able to keep silent, stay still for long periods of time. Remember that nature is their home, and you’re the guest.

You should also learn to keep your eyes open for every little thing. Animals living in the wild have adapted to their environments extremely well. Taking a nice shot usually takes days of hard work and dedication, so you need to be patient.

We previously wrote about the photographer who took a perfect shot of a kingfisher after 4,200 hours and 720,000 attempts. This award-winning shot of an eagle also took Norwegian photographer Audun Rikardsen 3 years of wait. So, yeah, we are talking years of wait in the pro game.

Didn’t Know I Was Playing The Sims

Didn’t Know I Was Playing The Sims

Crap wildlife photography Report

Ruth Mayfly 1 day agoOr a role-playing game. I think the deer has a quest for you.

Tried To Get A Spread Wings Shot…

Tried To Get A Spread Wings Shot...

Crap wildlife photography Report

Ruth Mayfly 1 day agoPROOF that birds aren’t real! They’re government issue spy drones!

I Went Out To The Balcony To Photograph The Birds, But Instead Photographed A Fish...

Crap wildlife photography Report

Foxxy (The Original) 1 day agoOmg I am an idiot. I was thinking how the hell did a fish get up in the air and then I realised it is the bird but the wings are out of view.

Realizing I’d Made A Mistake

Realizing I’d Made A Mistake

Crap wildlife photography Report

Colin L 1 day agoA great photo to bring to the ER so they can give you the correct anti-venom, and laugh at yet another utterly avoidable accident.

Owl

Owl

Rowlie 1 day agoMight as well say Yeti

When You Have An Encounter With A Rare Predator But Get Photobombed By A Magpie

When You Have An Encounter With A Rare Predator But Get Photobombed By A Magpie

Crap wildlife photography Report

Molly Block 1 day agoThe real question though is, is that predator sighting you or that magpie? I’d be worried….

Courtesy Of My Dad And His Ancient Phone… Little Owl Eating Lunch

Courtesy Of My Dad And His Ancient Phone... Little Owl Eating Lunch

Crap wildlife photography Report

Ruth Mayfly 1 day agoThe poor thing looks so tired and muddy. I want to take it home and give it a bath and blow dry it into a perfect fluffy ball (I do know it wouldn’t appreciate any of that, don’t worry)

A Most Majestic Tree

A Most Majestic Tree

Crap wildlife photography Report

Draco Malfoy 1 day ago (edited)And here we have a majestic eagle…… wow look at this fine tree.

I Give You Pizza Squirrel.

I Give You Pizza Squirrel.

N G 1 day agoTeenage mutant ninja squirrels

When Poles Fly

When Poles Fly

Crap wildlife photography Report

EA 1 day agoGeorge George, George of the jungle. Watch out for that tree!

Hmmm

Hmmm

Nawal Wali 1 day agohmmm indeed

Took A Photo Of A Drill

Took A Photo Of A Drill

Crap wildlife photography Report

Lana Belysheva 1 day agoAwww adorable foxy! Great shot, lil’ floof is shaking off water!

This Handfeeding The Birds Was Going Great Until He Looked Right At Me And I Realized His Face Was Actually Kinda Scary And He Looked Pretty Pissed Off!

to Crap wildlife photography Report

Ryan Hall 1 day agoHAHAHAHAHA

I Got Distracted By The Frog In The Back And Lost Focus But To Be Entirely Honest I Think National Geographic Should Use This Picture As Their Cover.

Crap wildlife photography Report

Lara Smith 1 day agoWhat kind of setting are they in? It makes the frogs look as big as cats!

Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Crap wildlife photography Report

Molly Block 1 day agoPlaytime for kitty. This is a great shot. Look at his face! He’s having so much fun!

The Pinnacle Of My Wildlife Photography Career

The Pinnacle Of My Wildlife Photography Career

Crap wildlife photography Report

Kanga9ine 1 day agoLook for that silver lining! Be glad it wasn’t a skunk.

Not Amused

Not Amused

Crap wildlife photography Report

Foxxy (The Original) 1 day agoLooks like it has eaten a bee and it’s cheeks have swelled up.

Behold, The Majestic Bald Eagle

Behold, The Majestic Bald Eagle

Crap wildlife photography Report

Ruth Mayfly 1 day agoTruly breathtaking.

I’m Not Sure Why I Ever Thought It Was A Good Idea To Take A Picture Of The Sheep In The Dark, But It Ended Up Being The Stuff That Nightmares Are Made Of.

I'm Not Sure Why I Ever Thought It Was A Good Idea To Take A Picture Of The Sheep In The Dark, But It Ended Up Being The Stuff That Nightmares Are Made Of.

Kaisu 1 day agoThey’ve come to take your soul

I Found A God Of All Pidgeons On A Walk With My Dog

I Found A God Of All Pidgeons On A Walk With My Dog

Crap wildlife photography Report

Wow, I Caught A Picture Of This Champagne Cork Flying Out. Jk. It’s An Egret.

Wow, I Caught A Picture Of This Champagne Cork Flying Out. Jk. It's An Egret.

Crap wildlife photography Report

A Lazy Spider 1 day agoI r-egret you taking my photo if you’re going to call my head a champagne cork.

Doe In Background Was Taking A Crap, Just To Top It Off

Doe In Background Was Taking A Crap, Just To Top It Off

Crap wildlife photography Report

Rabbit Carrot 1 day agoThe hole in the tree lines up with the deer eye.

Didn’t Know How Funny This Was Until I Sent It To My Daughter…

Didn’t Know How Funny This Was Until I Sent It To My Daughter...

Nawal Wali 1 day agoError wings unavailable

A Magnificent Swan

A Magnificent Swan

Rowlie 1 day agothe whole composition is not very attractive anyway

This Freaky Flying Ghost Child Is Actually A Blurred Great Blue Heron

This Freaky Flying Ghost Child Is Actually A Blurred Great Blue Heron

Crap wildlife photography Report

Michaela Cole 1 day agoIndeed a flying ghost child…just keep them all guessing!

Gotta Be Quicker Than That!

Gotta Be Quicker Than That!

Crap wildlife photography Report

Chuckie 1 day agoI’m out!

‘you Spin Me Right Round, Baby, Right Round.’ Low Light + The Wrong Camera Setting = Guess The Animal. Nb No Animals Were Hurt In The Taking Of This Shot.. It Landed Safely On My Patio

'you Spin Me Right Round, Baby, Right Round.' Low Light + The Wrong Camera Setting = Guess The Animal. Nb No Animals Were Hurt In The Taking Of This Shot.. It Landed Safely On My Patio

Crap wildlife photography Report

Nawal Wali 1 day agoTaz from Looney Toons?

Brontosaurus Are Faaaaast

Brontosaurus Are Faaaaast

Found This Amongst Some Beauties

Found This Amongst Some Beauties

Crap wildlife photography Report

How Flippin Weird Do Pigeons Look When They Look Down?

How Flippin Weird Do Pigeons Look When They Look Down?

to Crap wildlife photography Report

Draco Malfoy 1 day agowow there buddy

🙁

Crap wildlife photography Report

Chuckie 1 day agoI call this piece “the one that got away”

Blurry And Screaming – A Mood

Blurry And Screaming - A Mood

Kaisu 1 day agoMe emerging from my apartment after quarantine is over

Out Of Focus Mantis Looks Like Cracked Out Mantis

Out Of Focus Mantis Looks Like Cracked Out Mantis

to Crap wildlife photography Report

Raccoon/Fergus Falls, Minnesota

Raccoon/Fergus Falls, Minnesota

Rowlie 1 day agoRaccooooooooooooooon

Close Birb

Close Birb

Rowlie 1 day agoi kinda like it actually

I Present The Mighty, Yet Gentle, Caribbean Manatee.

I Present The Mighty, Yet Gentle, Caribbean Manatee.

Janine B. 1 day agoMaster of disguise. 😎

This Cougar Was So Close I Was Able To Get A Picture Of It!!!

This Cougar Was So Close I Was Able To Get A Picture Of It!!!

Crap wildlife photography Report

Janine B. 1 day agoCougar? That’s clearly the owl from above. Who do you think you can fool, eh?

Note: this post originally had 78 images. It’s been shortened to the top 40 images based on user votes.

1 thought on “This Facebook Group Is Dedicated To Crappy Wildlife Photos That Are So Bad They’re Good