I Draw Comics To Explain What It’s Like Living With Depression And Anxiety (30 New Pics)

I was blown away by the support on my previous postabout mental illness, so I thought I would make another one with my new drawings.

I’ve been living with mental illness for as long as I can remember, and it brings many weird and dark thoughts.

I’m really bad at explaining these thoughts, so I started doing it through drawing which has always been a lot easier for me.

More info: sow-ay.fr | Instagram | webtoons

sow_ay Report

Foxxy 3 months agoThis annoys the shit out of me when people say things like that.

I reached out for professional help 3 years ago when it became too hard for me to hide my problems and handle them. Now, I see a psychiatrist regularly and have medication to take daily. My treatment changed a lot in the last 3 years because finding the right medication can take a long time. However, it’s not useless. Even though many told me they would have lost hope and given up. It’s very hard to stay patient when in pain but eventually I saw an improvement.

sow_ay Report

Carries 3 months agoFor me it’s because I’m too anxious to speak to a complete stranger about my problems. It takes a lot of courage to seek help.

Drawing aside, I try to find comfort in music, writing down my thoughts and talking to my friend. The latter helps a lot.To me, staying alone is the worst way to deal with these things.

Also, hearing “just be positive” or other random advice (please, stop with the mediation) is not helpful at all. It depresses me even more. I feel guilty because that doesn’t work for me.

I would also like to add that everyone experiences depression and anxiety in different ways, and there is no one magic solution. Everyone’s path to recovery is different.

sow_ay Report

Sunzilla 3 months agoYes. That’s what gets me down. I’m fine. I just worry about everyone else.

sow_ay Report

Foxxy 3 months agoI feel ya.

sow_ay Report

MJ 3 months agoCrap, I didn’t die in my sleep…

sow_ay Report

Dilly Millandry 3 months agoI try not to leave mine to it’s own.. with time to think!

sow_ay Report

Magpie 3 months agoManaging mental illness is exhausting. This is so accurate.

sow_ay Report

Magpie 3 months agoYup, and another thing to feel guilty about.

sow_ay Report

A. Jones 3 months agoThat’s pretty spot on.

Randomcthulu 3 months agoThis sums it up pretty well

sow_ay Report

Douglas Iley 3 months agoThis is me when i don’t have work.

sow_ay Report

Randomcthulu 3 months agoI’ve worked so long to cultivate the facade of a kind of carefree goofy person that sometimes I wonder what my real self is like…

sow_ay Report

EweAreSewCute 3 months agoI dont use social media like Facebook because I know everyone is doing better that I know. Don’t need reminders that I fucked my life up

EweAreSewCute 3 months agoThis guys comics speak my feelings to a T

sow_ay Report

D. Pitbull 3 months agoEvery night… here’s my little prayer: “Please, whoever is out there. I do not ask for much. I just ask that I close my eyes for the last time tonight and drift off. Please do not let me wake up. Thank you.”

Phi 3 months agoYeap

sow_ay Report

Virgil Blue 3 months agoGod I hate it when they team up to double team you.

sow_ay Report

Magpie 3 months agoAt the top of the list ” make a list” tick.

sow_ay Report

EweAreSewCute 3 months agoI have somatic anxiety so when I get upset about something I can go from throwing up to seizures and everything in between hot sweats cold sweats passing out you name it somatic anxiety is one of the worst mental disorders I think anyone could be burdened with

sow_ay Report

EweAreSewCute 3 months agoThat’s definitely what it’s like.

sow_ay Report

D. Pitbull 3 months agoI was told by “friends” in University: “Don’t actually tell people how you’re feeling. They just want to see you smile, just BE HAPPY for crying out loud. You’re just driving people away by being down” – well… thank you and welcome to unhealthy coping mechanisms…

sow_ay Report

EweAreSewCute 3 months agoMom sure but friends what are they?

sow_ay Report

Rens S 3 months agoYes, it often feels my depression is making me waste my time on earth…

sow_ay Report

反社会的 3 months agofall out boy?

sow_ay Report

Bubble***tea 3 3 months agoOmg I know how this is. I didn’t know anyone else knew what it’s like to be tired yet u get sleep.

sow_ay Report

Foxxy 3 months agoThis I understand completely, I am seriously struggling with motivation. This year has been bloody awful with my depression.

sow_ay Report

Justwannasay 3 months agoAt least depression is something being acknowledged there… while many country in Asia didn’t. We don’t even know where to seek help without being viewed as weak and crazy, family and friends reaction varies from… there’s no such thing as depression, it’s just over thinking, stop putting unnecessary pressure on yourself, don’t hide it, talk it out, it will make you better… to… stop self pitying! They don’t understand sometime it just out of our control.

sow_ay Report

Note: this post originally had 68 images. It’s been shortened to the top 30 images based on user votes.