My Teenage Daughter Built Me A Theatre Box So I Could Create Dreamy 3D Scenes With My Needle-Felted Animals (40 Pics)

My name is Rachel Austin. I’m a textile artist based in Gloucestershire in the UK. I have been needle felting for a few years now, and more recently, I tried to photograph my creations using a standard lightbox I purchased from Amazon. The photos of my little sculptures didn’t come out quite as I wanted them. My daughter, who is studying A level DT, is always coming up with amazing product ideas and designs. She came up with an idea of a design for a unique lightbox, which would not only let in a lot more light but also allow for easy, changeable scene building/assembling.

I really hope you like these little woolly scenes, which would not be possible without the help of my wonderful daughter, Sophie! If you’d like to see more, please feel free to check out my Facebook and Instagram.

Also, stop by my other posts on Bored Panda here, here, and here.

Thanks for reading!

More info: Facebook | Instagram | Etsy | youtube.com

My Teenage Daughter Built Me A Custom Wooden Theatre Box So I Could Build Dreamy 3D Art Work Scenes From My Needle Felted Creations

How Terribly Unfortunate 5 days agoI love that cute little polar bear! ❤🐻‍❄️

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoMr. Crumb and his colleagues are celebrating a job well done at the Wine Shop

TheWishingShed Report

Canada crazy 4 days agodat lil’ bird!!!!

R L 5 days agoThose little paws- adorable

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoMrs. Thimble watches the biplane sail into the sunset after bidding farewell to Mr. Crumb who is going on a business trip

MacDudu 5 hours ago😩😢😪😪😪

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days ago“I’ve brought some goodies to share with you, madam. May we enter your humble home?” said Mrs. Thimble. “But of course, Mr. and Mrs. Crumb and Thimble. I brewed enough tea for all of us to share!” Replied the lavender fairy gleefully

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoHere is Mrs. Thimble with her two children, Biscuit and Worm, as she hangs up the wash to dry in the honeysuckle sun.

TheWishingShed Report

Nimue47 4 days agoLove the little seal !

Bean59 2 days agopax!

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days ago“Crumb, my good fellow, how are the wife and kids?” asked the fox. “Quite well Mr fox, and what a lovely tea you have brewed.” replied Mr. Crumb as he admired the lavender tea with a drop of lemon.

R L 5 days agoThat is an almighty big wolf with the most quizzical eyes 🙂

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoA photo a few mere moments before Mr. Crumb and Mrs. Thimble’s first kiss

TheWishingShed Report

Bean59 2 days agoI love her hairrr!

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoInvent a story for this scene. What are Mr. Crumb and Ms. Marigold talking about? what is Mrs. Thimble doing in the back?

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days ago (edited)“Welcome home, Crumb! I have prepared honey-biscuits and pumpkin seeds for dinner. How was your day at work at the wine shop?”, inquired Mrs. Thimble. “It was a wonderful day!, we danced, drank, partied, and had a most wonderful time!” Exclaimed Mr. Crumb to his beloved wife. “We must go inside, my darling if we wish to eat the biscuits warm!” said Mr. Crumb as they scurried inside.

R L 5 days agoI would love a farmyard like this

TheWishingShed Report

R L 5 days agoThis one makes me sad- it reminds me of all the koalas that have died in the fires.

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoMrs. Thimble’s youngest son, Worm, on an adventure

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoParisian Lady and the Tramp

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoMr. Crumb’s awaited return from his long business trip.

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoHere is Mrs. Thimble as a child, listening to her mother tell her a story.

Kailyn Patin 4 days agoJust lovely

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoBiscuit and Worm are in class, learning what to do in an emergency.

TheWishingShed Report

R L 5 days agoA mayfair pole 🙂 I am sure there was a similar sceen in one of the Angelina Ballerina stories.

TheWishingShed Report

R L 5 days agoLooks like those ‘what to do in an emergency’ lessons were not needed.

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoHere is a picture of Worm’s 3 daughters, Rose, Posy, and Orchid as they dance around the bonfire singing joyous songs.

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoBiscuit is old enough now that she is living by herself and is warming up her cozy cottage.

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days agoHere is Mr. Crumb, now a Grandfather, chatting with Celina, an old friend on a bright Sunday Afternoon.

Bean59 2 days agobeautiful

TheWishingShed Report

Avery S Alberico 5 days ago (edited)Here are Biscuit’s many children, Chip, Petal, Twig, Pebble, Chrissy, Lily, and Cinnamon at the seaside