30 Funny And Sometimes A Little Dark Comics By Skeleton Claw

“I get inspired by all kinds of things. It usually happens in three situations, during conversations with friends, on long walks, or as I’m drifting off to sleep,” Andy, the illustrator behind the amusing (and sometimes dark) Skeleton Claw cartoons told Bored Panda in a heart-to-heart interview.

“Some strange inkling of a thought pops into my head and I’ll write it down. Sometimes they become comics, more often they remain notes on my phone.”

We’ve collected some of the funniest Skeleton Claw comics, so scroll down, enjoy the pics, and our full interview with Andy. Upvote your faves, leave us a comment with your thoughts below, and be sure to let us know which of Skeleton Claw’s cartoons you enjoyed most and why! Onwards, Pandas!

More info: SkeletonClaw.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Patreon

BiLal Asif 3 weeks agoU Sneaky little buggers

skeletonclaw Report

HorrorWeirdo 3 weeks agoThis is sadly realistic…

Illustrator Andy admitted that he is a fan of Bored Panda and reads our online magazine ‘all the time.’ According to the artist, it takes him 2 to 3 hours, on average, to draw a single comic. However, the process can take far longer: “Sometimes, way longer because I’ll edit and re-draw the same idea several times.”

The creator of Skeleton Claw has a very interesting point of view towards art that stresses the importance of discipline in reminding the artist why he loves drawing in the first place. “It’s a bit like showering. Sometimes, you really don’t want to, but as soon as you get in you don’t want to leave. I have a similar relationship with drawing. I can go long periods of time without it, but as soon as I return to it, I remember everything I love about it and don’t want to stop.”

skeletonclaw Report

HorrorWeirdo 3 weeks agoMy god.

Ani 3 weeks agoso correct

Bored Panda was interested to hear whether Andy always wanted to be an artist. Here’s what he had to say: “I think so. When I was really young, I loved doodling and playing with clay. When I started school, drawing became an escape from seemingly endless boredom.”

“When I was in college, I dabbled with the idea of becoming an Artist (with a capital ‘A’) but decided that it didn’t feel like a genuine way to express myself. A few years ago I stumbled on accident onto the idea of drawing comics, and something just kind of clicked.”

HorrorWeirdo 3 weeks agoVeeery true

skeletonclaw Report

Satirical Duchess 3 weeks agoShe already has a bunch of pearls around her neck!

Despite the large following of fans who eagerly await his every new illustration, Andy says that he doesn’t yet consider himself to be a professional artist. However, he has learned a lot of valuable lessons on his way up.

“The biggest challenge I’ve faced is learning to not pay too much attention to what people say. If 99% of the feedback is positive, my natural tendency is to look at the 1% that isn’t.”

“When I was starting out, I’d be very bothered by negative comments, and it would affect my desire to draw and cause me to second guess myself. Nowadays I’m much less affected by such things. I try to keep a healthy distance between what I do and what people say about it,” he said.

Ani 3 weeks agoHahaha!

skeletonclaw Report

Panda Kicki 3 weeks agoSusan needs to learn how to say “Get it yourself, lazy !

He also shared some honest advice with those artists who might be too scared or too shy to share their art with the world: “You’re not going to get better by hiding. Your fear is absolutely holding you back. Share your work now, if only to prove to yourself that you are no coward. Afterwards, you’ll find that what felt like jumping off a cliff was in reality no scarier than stepping off the curb.”

When asked if there was anything else that he would like to share with Bored Panda’s readers and his own fans, Andy of Skeleton Claw quipped: “Try to use less plastic if you can.” But as they say, each joke has a kernel of truth hidden somewhere inside it.

skeletonclaw Report

Elina Kuusisto 3 weeks agoNot cool, Bill.

Sadie Shapiro 3 weeks agoAwwww this one’s actually sweet

Panda Kicki 3 weeks agoThat movie I want to see 😀

Elina Kuusisto 3 weeks agoSo inspiring

SacredPistachio 3 weeks agoI mean…I’d watch it :/

skeletonclaw Report

Bobert Robertson 3 weeks agoHalf the people on my newsfeed. But then I follow them and say I don’t care. Is it them who is looking for attention? Or is it me who really cares when I say I dont. Just blew my own mind…

skeletonclaw Report

nanashi 3 weeks agostop giving out our secrets!!!

skeletonclaw Report

Magpie 3 weeks ago*whispers* peel, chop into bite size bits, chuck in a bow, toss it in the freezer overnight. Next hot day just grab one or two to chew on. yum 😀

Emily Ashcraft 3 weeks agothis reminded me of star wars

skeletonclaw Report

SacredPistachio 3 weeks agoIt’s ok Mr. Waiter, someday it will be said to you intentionally.

BiLal Asif 3 weeks agoA brave Knight 😂

skeletonclaw Report

Daria B 3 weeks agoThey don’t glow red. It means they’re good.

Bobert Robertson 3 weeks agoToo accurate

skeletonclaw Report

Thunder 3 weeks agoSad but also nice!

Incognito 3 weeks agoOMG THIS IS SO TRUE

skeletonclaw Report

Panda Kicki 3 weeks agoYes, Gollum is cooler. Bring “gollumjuice” (see Making of LOTR) and bring out your best Precioussss!

skeletonclaw Report

Panda Kicki 3 weeks agoShredded, but noone to see it, maybe time for a break..?

Night Owl 3 weeks agoThat escalated quickly