Looking to lead? We’re looking for you
ASID recognizes the need to grow diversity and inclusion in the interior design profession. Through ASID Ones to Watch, the Society supports rising leaders to ensure that diversity is reflected at all levels of the industry.
Each year, the ASID Ones to Watch program identifies and recognizes rising leaders in the interior design industry who demonstrate exceptional leadership potential and a willingness to push the boundaries of the profession. They are poised to take the next step in their careers. Up to 20 applicants will be honored as ASID Ones to Watch Award Winners within four unique categories: Design Excellence, Education Leadership, Manufacturing Leadership, and Volunteer Leadership.
Emphasis will be placed on participants whose backgrounds are currently under-represented in management roles in the interior design industry, including women, members of racial and ethnic minority groups, LGBTQ, and persons with disabilities.
From the 20 award winners, the Society will select up to eight ASID Ones to Watch Scholars to participate in an exciting leadership development training program. The two-year program teaches Scholars to lead with authenticity through experiential learning, coaching, and mentoring. In the first year, Scholars learn to leverage and embrace their unique perspectives and backgrounds to excel in their careers. During the second year, Scholars have the opportunity to serve as mentors to the next class of ASID Ones to Watch Scholars.
BENEFITS FOR AWARD WINNERS
- Establish new professional connections with peers and industry leaders
- Gain national recognition
- Expand participation at ASID events and conferences as invited guests
- Access leadership opportunities with ASID and the design community
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR SCHOLARS
- Receive one-on-one and group executive leadership coaching
- Receive complimentary registrations and travel stipends to select ASID national programs in 2019 and 2020
- Access to personalized learning based on career goals
- Unique access to mentors and peer networking
- Gain volunteer experiences to enhance leadership potential
- Earn national media exposure
For More Information About This Blog Post, Click Here!